First of all...NatureBox. NatureBox is a monthly subscription service that delivers 5 full size snacks to your front door. The great thing about NatureBox is that all of their snacks contain wholesome ingredients (no artificial sweeteners, flavors or colors) and are nutritionist approved. They have over 100 snacks to choose from, and you can pick your snacks each month or choose to be surprised.
NatureBox has a free trial where you pay $2.00 for shipping, and they send you a pretty hefty sampler box to try out. That is what I will be reviewing here. Check it out!
In the trial box, you do not get to choose what you receive. It is a surprise...which I liked! It came with one full size bag and four snack sized portions.
Here's what I got:
- Sea Salt Pop Pops - These are half-popped popcorn kernels seasoned with sea salt. At first I thought these would be extremely crunchy and hard on my teeth. However, they were surprisingly light and crispy! I really loved these, and so did my husband. The bag was filled COMPLETELY to the top, which I really appreciated.
- Jalapeño Cashews - These were delicious. They were not too over the top spicy, so I ate the whole bag in one sitting (whoops). They were not "dusted" with jalapeño powder, it was almost a baked-in type of thing. You could see the jalapeño coating, but it did not leave dust on your fingers.
- Masa Crisps - These are basically corn chips with flax seeds. I call these the healthy version of Fritos. They tasted like your typical corn chip. They were pretty yummy, and the added benefit of having some flax in there was a major plus.
- Cranberry Medley - These are pomegranate and acai flavored dried cranberries with blueberries. These are SO GOOD. I downed this entire bag in record breaking time. These tasted like fruit snacks...not "dried fruit"....FRUIT SNACKS. This will be a permanent snack in my monthly rotation.
- Sweet Blueberry Almonds - These were alright. The blueberry flavor was not as prominent as I would have liked, but they were still good. There is a light dusting of blueberry flavor on the almonds, but I think the almonds were more prominent than the blueberry flavor.
(Pictured above: Sea Salt Pop Pops)
All in all, I think this is a great subscription service. It is a fun and easy way to try out and enjoy healthier snack options each month. One thing that I love is that these snacks cannot be found anywhere else...they have so many unique options! I plan on getting this box each month and spending less on my typical less-than-healthy snack choices I get at the grocery store.
The cost is $19.95 per month, but it looks like instead of getting a sampler box right now to test out first, they are currently offering a full size box for free! Check it out and let me know what you think!