Monday, March 14, 2016

Birchbox vs. Ipsy: March 2016

As you may know, I have been a long time subscriber to Birchbox. However, back in the day, when I was working a full time job and could afford to buy things, I had a subscription to both Birchbox and Ipsy. There were pros and cons to each subscription service, and they both cost $10 per month.

It had been a while since I received anything from Ipsy, so I felt like giving it another shot.
Let's see how it compared to my Birchbox this month!


Here is what I received in my Ipsy bag this month. I'm pretty happy with it!

  • Aphrodite Olive Oil Eye Cream
  • Nyx Liquid Suede Lipstick in Pink Lust 
  • Pixi Blush Duo in Rose Gold
  • Vera Mona Lotus Eyeshadow in Clover
  • Beau Gâchis Paris' Eyeshadow Brush

I really like all of the products...not so sure about a couple of the shades (like the lipstick) but I will definitely be trying them out.

Here's what I received in my Birchbox:


I am also pretty happy about what I received in my Birchbox this month!
  • Parlor by Jeff Chastain Smoothing Blowout Spray
  • Wilma Schumann Hydrating Collagen Eye Pads
  • Smashbox Photo Op Eyeshadow Trio in Filter
  • Milk Makeup Lip Color in C.R.E.A.M.
  • Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream



I love the colors of the cosmetics in this box. I am also really excited about the face cream and eye pads.

All in all, my opinion of both subscription services stays about the same:

In Ipsy you tend to receive more full size products, but the brands are typically brands you can find in drugstores, etc. Sometimes they throw in samples of higher end brands as well, but most of the products are pretty affordable. 

In Birchbox you get more high end brands, even though sometimes the samples may be a smaller size. I feel like you receive a wider variety of brands and products with Birchbox.

I really like both of these subscription services. For $10 a month, I feel like you really get a bang for your buck with these. It is definitely worth the money, no matter which one you choose!

Do you subscribe to Birchbox or Ipsy? Which one do you prefer?

Subscribe to Birchbox HERE and to Ipsy HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment