Monday, May 11, 2015

Recipe: Meatballs Over Buttered Noodles

I love my slow cooker. You can make pretty impressive meals with very little effort. That's what I'm all about. Ha! Not really. Well, sometimes.

Let me just say that we LOVE this recipe in my house. My husband is a "meat and potatoes" kinda guy, so this is right up his alley. Comfort food at its best...and it literally could not be easier. Whenever we make this, we always have plenty of leftovers so I like to freeze some and keep some for lunches throughout the week.


I originally found this recipe here a few years ago, and it has been a favorite ever since.

Here we go!


Ingredients:


1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
3 pounds frozen Italian-style meatballs
1 (16 ounce) package uncooked egg noodles
1/4 cup butter
Salt to taste (for noodles)


I will say that this brand of meatballs were not my favorite (they were BOGO at the time)...you can use any brand you like!


First you want to mix together the cream of celery soup, french onion soup and sour cream in your slow cooker.


Next, stir in the meatballs. Cook on high for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally.

When the meatballs have finished cooking, go ahead and boil your noodles according to the directions on the package. Add butter and salt to taste.



That's it! It is such an easy recipe prepare on days where you need something easy, but impressive.
Throw in a salad or a veggie or two, and you've got yourself a meal! Bam.

Let me know if you decide to try this recipe out! I would love to hear how you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment